Minimize Environmental Impact
FFS is committed to develop our activities considering environmental protection as an essential value. We advocate for sustainable development in the surroundings of our industrial activity. In order to do this, we take into account the following considerations:
- Not to waste any type of material
- Not to waste water, water is a scarce resource
Waste and Spillages
- Implemented a multi steam waste diversion program for cardboard, electronics and light bulbs.
- Ensure that those products are recycled and disposed of responsibly and in compliance with regulations governing waste management.
- Decrease energy consumption, checking climate control, lighting…
- Implemented a plan of annual incremental progress in reduction of energy usage including Green House Gas emissions, waste generation and water usage. This program of continuous improvement is being accomplished by improving building efficiency as well as utilization of biodegradable and reusable products and packaging.
Our People are our Greatest Resource
The talent and enthusiasm of our team is our most valuable resource – a resource that thrives within the FFS environment of creativity, cooperative spirit, and growth. Our goals are simple:
- Hire great people and give them the tools they need to do their jobs.
- Pay them competitively, treat them fairly, and support them with health and education programs.
- Provide a working atmosphere where every associate is treated with respect and is accountable.
Great Products Start With Great Ingredients
FFS values the integrity of our suppliers. In keeping with our commitment to our workforce, our community and the environment, we share our principles and strive to align ourselves with suppliers who do the same.
Credibility Through Recognized Certifications
Our manufacturing facility has been audited by government, independent and third party agencies. We hold certifications and approved inspections from:
- SQF (Safe Quality Food) Level 2 certification (globally recognized by GFSI as exceeding their stringent requirements for the highest of safety models)
- QAI (Quality Assurance International) Organic Certification
- Star-K Kosher
- INFANCA (Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America) Halal Food Certification
- FDA (Food & Drug Administration)
- State of Maryland, Division of Food Protection & Consumer Health
Think Globally, Act Locally.
We are committed to improving the lives of those in our company, as well as in our industry and communities through a number of charitable activities. We support the following:
Table to Table
Table to Table is a community based food rescue program located in New Jersey. Each year FFS associates participate in the “Bag a Lunch” campaign by bringing lunch and donating the money they would have spent. Our 2016 collection provided 23,400 meals to those truly in need.
Grounds for Health
Grounds for Health works with coffee growing communities to establish sustainable cervical cancer prevention programs. As a leader in the specialty coffee industry, FFS is concerned about the well-being of the farmers growing and harvesting coffee beans. Our financial contributions help make it possible for Grounds for Health to break down the barriers that stand between women and preventative care.
Operation Shoebox provides hands-on support for our troops deployed overseas and returning home. Each year FFS associates participate in the “Troops Necessities Drive” by collecting snacks, games and personal hygiene products. Additionally, associates donated over 108 pounds of candy during the 2016 Halloween season.
Port Discovery Children’s Museum is a non-profit institution that offers three floors of interactive, educational exhibits and ever-changing programs for children. Each year FFS sponsors their annual “Play it Forward” Gala where money is raised to provide free and reduced admission for children from economically-challenged communities as well as U.S. military personnel.
Maryland Food Bank
The Maryland Food Bank is a nonprofit hunger-relief organization, leading the movement to end hunger throughout Maryland. For more than 35 years, the Maryland Food Bank has partnered with communities across the state to distribute food to individuals and families in need becoming the leading anti-hunger organization in the state.
Rosie’s Place was founded in 1974 as the first women’s shelter in the United States. Our financial contributions help provide a safe and nurturing environment that helps poor and homeless women maintain their dignity, seek opportunity and find security in their lives.